Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Timeline/Training Log

It has been a long time since I last posted so here is an update on my progress thus far. The IP Show is about a week or so away and there is still a lot I need to do.

I am pretty much finished with the inside of the brochure. I have completed the race course timeline. It took me a lot longer to create this than I had originally imagined. I ended putting a lot more detail into each building/monument in order to create a more realistic look.




Now that I have finished illustrating every mile of the race, I can now look at it as a whole and decide if any changes need to be made before the exhibition. But, for now I need focus on the informational part of the brochure for the next couple of days. The next step is to finish the course map and hotel/restaurant map, followed by the first spread, finalizing the information, and cover/back designs.

I am still trying to figure out color in this piece. I know I want to use red and blue but I am not sure if these particular colors are working...

I recently had an idea of a take-away I could include in my final exhibition. I was thinking about creating another post card that had a little bit about the race on the back along with registration information. I would also include my contact information and website. I would create 26 different version of this post-card. Each one would have a different mile from the timeline. This way the illustrations would be bigger and more of the detail could be seen. This idea will have to be more of a last minute thing if I have some extra time before the show, but I think it would definitely is an interesting idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment